Really cool video explaining the new features that are found in photoshop CC. Check it out and stay up to date on all the new features!
I am so blessed to be published in the June issue of Landscape Architecture Magazine as part of a featured article about the re-design of Pershing Square in downtown Los Angeles. The article is really well done spanning several pages featuring extensive history about Pershing Square and how they plan to improve the space. Huge thumbs up to the Writer Nate Berg, and the Art Director Chris McGee on such an awesome article. Thanks for letting me partner with you by providing an imagery.
If you have a chance, go check out the article. In fact, check out the entire magazine, it is full of beautiful and creative projects that will inspire you.
Awesome video about Brad Bird's style of film making. Some really awesome tips about story telling here that I think will be useful to all. Enjoy!
Hopefully all of you have spent sometime reflecting on the last year and have put some thought into what your goals are for 2016. This is the moment where we start to take that first step and look to the future. The true secret to accomplishing any goal is to first know where you want to go, and start taking little steps to get there everyday. That is it. Something so simple but yet so hard to do at times.
As we "go for it" in 2016 here some helpful tips that help get all of us where we want to go.
1. Try and do *one thing* related to your goal everyday! Weather that is watching a tutorial on the subject, working onphoto processing, doing some location scouting, making that cold call to potential clients to find new business, reaching out to someone you respect for help that guide you, or even spending some time thinking about what to do next. Do "something" everyday.
2. Understand achieving your goal is going to be a slow process. Success doesn't come over night. It happens by deliberate steps that add up over time.
3. If you have a bad day or experience struggle, understand that is part of it. Every goal worth pursuing is going to involve struggle. It's the people that don't understand this that give up and never accomplish their dreams. Try and accept that it is going to be hard but so worth it.
4. Take a minute and try and enjoy what your learning or where the journey is taking you. As you walk down the path you may be surprised by where it takes you so try and enjoy it rather then stressing about getting to where your going.
5. It is ok to change your mind, adjust your goals, and start again. As you pursue something you may find out that you actually don't enjoy it as much as you thought, or discover something else along the way that feels better to you. It is ok to adjust as you go. The point is that your going somewhere, and that is more important then the destination.
All right lets make 2016 the best year yet! Let's get to work!!!!
Probably one of the most spectacular sunsets I have ever seen. The sky lit up like a fire for a good 20 minutes. But even better then seeing this sunset was photographing it with my brothers and sisters. So wonderful to enjoy this moment with family that I hadn't hung out with in a long time. Sometimes it's about the people your with then the thing your photographing.
This is the lake where I grew up. So many summers and memories playing in the Lake. After living in LA for 12 years I really miss it.
Sometimes you just got to hang your camera out the window and snap the picture. This was taken during an afternoon exploring Joshua Tree National Park with my brother Jim and his family.
Took this a while back and finally had a chance to process it. I'm not really a black and white guy but I felt like this one worked well. Hope you all like it.
I'm a bit behind on my photo uploads. I have been so busy with other projects I keep forgetting to post.
I took this back in March, during a trip to celebrate my brother's birthday. It was such a fun trip. I can't wait to go back :)
I have been a little bit behind with my website updates but I'm excited to share that I added a new gallery to the main page. These images are from my adventures around California. Let me know what you think. I would love to hear your thoughts.
What an amazing piece of architecture. Can't wait to see the inside of this awesome building.
I finally had a chance to get out and go shooting last night. My subject? "The Broad" Museum. This is a new museum just recently constructed in LA that is scheduled to open fall of 2015. I'm super excited to check out the inside and explore this beautiful piece of architecture. What an amazing building!
Be sure to checkout their website and learn more about this awesome museum!
Taken from my recent trip to Lake Tahoe in January. Love this little cabin.
So cool to see Waimea Bay going off in person!
My wife and I just got back from an amazing trip to the North Shore of Oahu. Can't wait to share some of the pictures from our trip on the blog. I hope you enjoy!
It has been a little bit since I posted a new photo. This one has been waiting on the wings for a while. I'm excited to finally get it up here.