Previz Artist by day, Photographer by night, I spend my days working on Animated films at Dreamworks Feature Animation as a digital cinematographer.
At night, I grab my camera and head to downtown Los Angeles to do one of my favorite things in the world, Night Photography!
- Architecture Photography – Interior and Exterior
- Travel Photography – Cityscapes and Tourism
- Photography Mentoring
- Cinematography – Previz and Live Action (upon request)
I had been experimenting with photography most of my life, but back in 2008 I bought my first DSLR camera, a Nikon D80 and my life has never been the same since.
The idea behind purchasing my first real camera was that I would be able to continue my study of composition and further my knowledge of animation cinematography by practising with focal lengths, depth of field, etc on the weekends. Little did I know that what started out as fun experimentation would turn into a true passion and something I would pursue with blissful glee and excitement for the past 6+ years.
Photography has brought so many wonderful things into my life and continues to be a huge source of joy and fulfilment. There is no greater thing, then being in front of God’s marvellous creation, or being overwhelmed by beautiful architecture, and getting to capture it with my camera. It truly is a gift!
Fun Random Facts about Josh:
- I’m actually a Triplet! I have an identical brother and fraternal sister.
- I come from a blended family of 9 kids, and the triplets are the youngest of nine.
- I’m married to a gorgeous woman named Jennifer and we are expecting out first child in May.
- First professional camera I ever used was an original Nikon Nikkormat film camera that my father bought in Japan when he visited back in his 20s. He still has it to this day and it takes amazing pictures. I still love that camera
- I love to surf, snowboard, and be outdoors.
- Subaru’s at the best car’s on the planet and I love them. I have owned 2 so far.
- Starbucks is my happy place….. Truthfully any place that serves amazing coffee I love. I’m still dreaming about the amazing cafes in Paris.